Friday 15 March 2013

Hello again.

15 - Aug - 2012 is what blogger tells me. The numbers hit me immediately and I´m embarrassed.
August, 15th - almost 7 months to the day was when I last blogged. A thousand times since then I felt like opening a new page and writing my thoughts down. A thousand times something or some else came up. On August 22nd Germany´s students went back to school and with them I started work. From then on my life got crazy busy. I learned: to manage twins (at the time only 9 months old!) and work at the same time one needs a master plan: reliable childcare, support, determination, ambition, tons of chocolate to get you through nerve - wracking days. I also learned: this new me meant reducing egoistic needs to a minimum. The concept of toddlers and work minus a partner works but only on the basis of a 24 hr shedule. Sounds exhausting? It sure is. Using skype to chat to some of the most amazing people I met on this planet (I miss you all!), trying out new cafes, catching up with old friends or making new ones??? These things have become a rarity in my life or simply do not exist. Sometimes it feels I have zero time for myself. Naturally it still makes me sad, of course I sometimes crave time to sit down, breath and recharge but also (to a certain extent) I have gotten used to this new me. 

I have good days and bad ones. Sometimes I think I am pretty good at what I do (both in school and as a mother), sometimes I fail in one of them, sometimes in both.

Noah and Nele have turned into lively and lovely little personalities - each with their own character - both so different and yet so close.

Nele is the dynamo among them. Full of fire and energy - sometimes unbeatable.She already has a strong will which has done her good and bad already. This little lady has already chipped her front tooth, bit her tongue so bad that it bled 3 hrs straight and only 2 days ago she bit her brother´s wrist so bad it still looks like he has met vampires. Oh, this girl....To me she is everything at once: all multicultural genes together flying off like a crazy firework on Chinese New Year. Boom boom paow.

Noah is the charmer who loves music and to dance, thankfully a lot calmer than his sister and usually a happy boy. And while his sister NEVER stops, he sometimes just needs a break and likes to lie down watching the lights above him (preferably with a bottle of hot chocolate in his hand).Considering your sister, I TOTALLY get you, Noah!

3 is still our number and although I believe my life is nothing like I thought it would be and pretty insane I believe we are doing an ok job. Although time is an issue in this house I will try and write more often now and keep you all updated.

Until then: the Dynamo and the Charmer, March 2013 edition- enjoy! 

Breakfast. The calm before the storm.


Oh, you just know she is already holding the plant with one hand!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment