Wednesday 15 August 2012

Summer in the city

One day I woke up, blinked, then caught myself holding a baby in each arm. That´s how it feels like. I try to remember the first few weeks and months with the twins - most of it is a blur. People used to tell me that the first year flies by but back then the whole baby idea was still so distant to me that I didn´t understand. Didn´t understand or relate because they were the parents and I?! I was the girl who left Germany to sing in front of 2000 chinese people and eat drunken bbq on a saturday night. 9 months have turned me into one of them and I feel like it was only yesterday that I came out of surgery and got told Noah is in intensive care, then I blinked and today I watch him crawling around, becoming more beautiful to me by the minute. Time is not flying. It is a blur.

In 11 days I will blink again and the twins will be 9 months old. 9 freaking months. Time on earth as long as time inside me. Months in which two tiny people have entered my heart and soul. Months in which I have had more stress, more on my mind, more emotional ups and downs than ever in my life. Months that started out with a decision, following an airplane ticket, then the labour ward - until on Nov 26th a new life two new lives began.

It is summer in the city and although school is about to start which is a new, amazing and exhausting journey altogether in this very moment I am loving the ups while writing off the downs as life lessons.









No comments:

Post a Comment