Thursday 12 July 2012

Sleep when you´re dead

I am gonna come straight to the point here. My last few days have been hell. We are trying to change the twins sleeping routine because that momma (aka me) needs less bags under her eyes and more youth to her face but it has been a daily trip to hell. Somehow it is an impossible task to keep the twins awake long enough so that they only have one nap during the day. One nap but a big nap. Afternoon nap. Like you do. But no. Nada. So they nap here and there. Sometimes 45 minutes, sometimes less than that. After, they wake up in a relatively good mood which is nice to be around but which usually only last a short time after our good old mate Mr. Whiney comes along to accompany us until the next nap is due. It is exhausting, it is hard work, it is little fun. In a bit more than a month I will start work. I have already been given my classes, have checked the literature I need - since the headmaster called I have been excited like a child in a candy store. I want this. So much. I want it to work and to be fun and to be successfull. And just as excited I feel, I  am scared. Scared and nervous and sometimes hopeless. The twins are still not sleeping through the night (why oh why oh why???) and even when one sleeps through till the early morning hours (bless you Noah!) there is still another one (oh Nele) that has to be aweful. Aweful and awake. 2,3 sometimes 4 times a night. It is not healthy, not fun and after doing it for the past 7 1/2 months I am fed up. SO it all goes back to the sleeping routine which will hopefully and eventually change and improve.You know the people that say: Sleep when you are dead.?! Yeah. What a lot of crap. I wish they would come over for a week and then apologize. ; )

Sleep is for the weak, mom

I rather play and pull hair and play

Good morning!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Alex! You sound like you are doing an awesome job and should be so proud of yourself. You know that SuperNanny lady Jo Frost? Apparently she has a really good book out called "Confident Baby Care." I read the "Confident Toddler Care" one to help with nannying and I liked her style. She is not a pushy bitch. Anyhow, hope it all starts to get better as they grow a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina ren. I was able to order a used version online and will let you know about any magical results ;) Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete